About Our Talent Network
The FlexTal™ Flexible Talent Network is a community for Talent who want to join us on a mission to build a smarter way to work and improve the quality of people’s lives. At FlexTal, we strive to let the people who want to freelance, do it. Use the skills you’re passionate about – less of the stuff you hate, more of the work you love. Our platform takes the hassles out of freelancing – no more prospecting, selling, scoping and quoting, or collecting.
We are seeking a Senior Database Architect with large-scale MS SQL Server Database Optimization Expertise. The selected contractor will work ±40 hours a week with the existing team and stakeholders to analyze and remediate performance challenges with a large-scale database. Contract is expected to run for 90 – 180 days, with potential for extension. Depending on the results of the initial analysis, selected contractor may perform some or all of the following:
- Analyze and remediate areas where OS or cloud environment configuration cause performance bottlenecks.
- Analyze and remediate performance bottlenecks in server-level configuration for SQL Server.
- Optimize SQL Server queries to query against several terabytes of data.
- Analyze table structure and provide optimization suggestions while supporting existing workflows.
- Optimize large ingestion tasks in on-prem as well as AWS environment.
- Optimize and communicate sharding strategy to support query optimizations.
- Optimize strategy for backup and recovery in on-prem and cloud environments.
Expected Requirements: Weekly availability of ±40 hours and weekly check-ins with the team. Ability to collaborate via Slack, Zoom, PM/Ticket software, and Email.
Job ID: J002938
You will need to enter the job ID into the application to be considered for this assignment.
Qualified candidates for this role should have:
- Senior-Level or higher experience
- Deep knowledge of SQL Engine and ways to tune/configure
- Expert level SQL/T-SQL
- AWS experience
- Client-facing / solid communication skills
- Able to use SQL / database monitoring tools and perform root cause analysis
- Able to design, communicate, and build a future-state data architecture with the help of client technical experts
- Experience with performance optimization
- Experience being a DBA at some point would be ideal
- Must have AUDIO AND VIDEO working and TURNED ON for meetings.
- Must have relevant experience/portfolio/samples.
- US-Based Only.
- NO AGENCIES.