About Our Talent Network
The FlexTal™ Flexible Talent Network is a community for Talent who want to join us on a mission to build a smarter way to work and improve the quality of people’s lives. At FlexTal, we strive to let the people who want to freelance, do it. Use the skills you’re passionate about – less of the stuff you hate, more of the work you love. Our platform takes the hassles out of freelancing – no more prospecting, selling, scoping and quoting, or collecting.
We are seeking a Senior Mobile App Engineer with iOS and Android expertise. Selected contractor will work ±15 hours a week with a fintech software company and their existing public apps (iOS/Android) to enhance and build future strategy. This role is responsible for app development and architecture. As a Mobile App Engineer, you will work closely with the platform architects and developers to ensure system consistency and improve user experience.
Time and Regional Requirements: Weekly availability of 15+ hours to strategize, plan, and implement app development efforts. Work Assignment may be remote or hybrid at our Grand Rapids, Mi headquarters or Detroit, Mi location. Work Assignment is expected to run for 90 – 180 days; it is possible for this work assignment to be extended or to convert to Contract-To-Hire.
Job ID: J002960 – Apply
You will need to enter the job ID into the application to be considered for this assignment.
Responsibilities for Mobile Application Engineer:
- Collaborate with project team to Identify and plan for new features
- Suggest and implement new mobile products, applications, and protocols
- Remain up to date with the terminology, concepts, and best practices for creating mobile apps
- Work closely with colleagues to constantly innovate app functionality and design
- Use and adapt existing web applications and API’s for mobile applications
- Write unit and UI tests to ensure product stability and system regressions
- Implement security best practices and data protection methodologies
Qualifications for Mobile Application Engineer:
- 4+ years of demonstrable mobile experience
- Demonstrable portfolio of released applications on the App store and/or Android market
- Extensive knowledge of at least one programming language like Swift, Java, or Kotlin
- Experience building iOS and Android apps preferred
- Familiarity with object-oriented design principles
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Exemplary analytical skills and solid problem-solving mindset
- Ability to perform solo and remote team environment
- Ability to interpret and follow technical plans and roadmap timeline
- Must have AUDIO AND VIDEO working and TURNED ON for meetings.
- Must have relevant experience/portfolio/samples.
- US-Based Only.
- NO AGENCIES.